A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

- Winnie the Pooh

Friday, January 29, 2010

It's my party after all...

It's never easy

going back into your past

picking up those

tossed away pieces

of youth and folly.

re-examination

of pain-filled experiences

will leave you breathless

and aching

filling up pot-holes with a

quick drying cement

made of forgiveness

and maturity takes effort

and a dignity I'm not sure

I possess anymore...

Say “I don't care what they think'

like you mean it

and walk away with

your back straight

even though you might feel

bent and broken

by their imaginings

and twisted ideals-

it's your life after all

you have to make

it fit yourself

and no-one else.

sigh

2 comments:

Steven M. Vance said...

Sometimes, I really wanna' smack your family around, Luv...

...but this is so very well done.

Anonymous said...

I just realized you started writing again. Great post!