A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

- Winnie the Pooh

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It has been busy...

It has been a week filled with many happenings around here. Meg and I drove down south with the birdlings to my sister's house, and spent a week there. I, of course, got sick from the climate change, so spent the better part of it on antibiotics and sudafed. *laughing*

The little one's had a splendiferous time playing with their cousins and being in all that sunshine. It was too hot for my tastes- 100'F for most of it, but Megan basked like a lizard, as did the babies. Lots of pool time, and playing in the sprinklers. I will post pictures later today.

It was also my Laura's 22 birthday yesterday, and Kaitlin's #2 today. We are having a party for Laura when she comes up to visit later this summer, and Kaitlin's will be after supper tonight. I am baking a pineapple ooey gooey butter cake, as it is her favorite.

Steven and I are getting some new furniture in the next couple of weeks, so I have been doing some heavy cleaning of the stuff we have now. It will go into storage for Laura, who is getting her own apartment with her best friend during the next school year. So many changes!

Megan and her husband will be moving into their new home in a few short weeks, so I am enjoying the birdlings all I can right now. I am making memories, and making sure they are all good ones. *smiling*

Yesterday Kaitlin and I cuddled on the couch and sang songs for almost an hour. I have no idea what she was singing, but I sang love songs to her. *soft smile*

Johnny and I have been telling "A Story" to each other every night- adding on bits and pieces as the spirit moves us. So far it is filled with dinosaurs that sing, birds that walk backwards everywhere, and people who fly. *grinning* I am writing it down, and he illustrates it. I will treaure it always!

Megan bought me a guitar and lessons, as I used to play quite well when she was a small child. I am excited to begin! It will give me something to focus on when the babies go. I will be lonely for them, for a time, you know....

And that is all I can think of right now to write about. I know there is more-my life is filled to the brim with all the bright colored bits and pieces that make life worth living. I just can't seem to capture them with words today. *smiling* Maybe tomorrow.

Have a day filled with laughter, love, and good fun everyone. TTFN- Gina

1 comment:

Doug said...

Hi, Gina! I used to play guitar, but I could never afford lessons and it showed :D

I wish I was a small child so I could come hang out with you and eat gooey desserts and sing goofy songs :-)

I think you are having the best spring ever!