A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

- Winnie the Pooh

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

My cat is an alcoholic...*giggling*

Today I heard a loud noise in the kitchen. I naturally went to investigate said loud noise. As I came around the corner, Gulliver, my ginger tomcat, was lapping up the last of a bottle of spilled beer. (Steven used the other half of it the other night in dinner).

I shooed him away, and went to wipe it up, when I realized the greedy pig-kitty had lapped it dry. (I'm surprised he didn't have splinters in his tongue, it was that clean!) I wiped it down anyway, and went to see if he was all right.

I walked into the livingroom just in time to hear him belch, and then trip over his own feet. Yes, my cat was drunk. He shook his head, and got up, and proceeded to fall over again. He meowed loudly (as if it was funny!), and stood up a third time. He managed to stay on his feet- that is until he tried to jump onto the couch. He fell off the couch, and laid on the floor, looking up at me and I swear to you, he was grinning! He belched again, and laid back down. *sighing and shaking my head* I'm ashamed to say I was laughing so hard I nearly wet myself.

I picked him up, and he nuzzled my arm and face with his furry orange head, and loudly purred. I put his furry behind into the bathroom cabinet, and let him sleep it off. *giggling again* When he woke up this time, 3 hours later, he was a GRUMPY KITTY. He sat and bathed, ignoring me completely. As if I somehow made him knock the bottle over to get to the beer!!

He is his normal self now, galloping all over the house, and tormenting the dogs...*giggling again* But I suppose that I will now have to be very careful what I leave out on the counter. I don't want to tempt him too much...*grinning*

I hope you have as entertaining an afternoon as I have!

ttfn~ Gina

4 comments:

Steven M. Vance said...

God, I wish I'd seen it! ROTFL!

becomingkate said...

I really missed you! I visit your LJ from time to time but couldn't comment. *hugs*

Gina Vance said...

I've missed you too Kate. I'm glad you found me here. *smiling*
take care~ Gina

Doug said...

I think it's much better having you in the Blogger family now :-)

I've never seen a drunken cat. I wonder if Barq would drink beer...
Just kidding. He likes his dry food and drinking from the toilet now and then, he'd likely turn his nose up at beer.
:-)