A little Consideration, a little Thought for Others, makes all the difference.

- Winnie the Pooh

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Up before dawn

The house is quiet as I sit here typing these words, sipping my coffee. Steven has left for work, and Matthew is still asleep downstairs. I love this hour-my own space to think and ponder about what today might bring, and reflect on yesterday's happenings.

The street lights are shining like small beacons on the ground outside, making the shadows seem larger because of them. Silhouettes of the trees that line the street stand at attention, waving branches in response to secrets that the breeze blows in.

The news promises rain today, a good day for soups, stew, and home-baked bread. I will watch it nourish the earth around me, preparing it for spring flowers and the rebirth of green.

Have a day full of quiet wonder everyone. *smiling*
-Gina

3 comments:

Steven M. Vance said...

Really nice, Luv.

Dorrie said...

just stopping by to say hi!!

Unknown said...

Hi Gina, I didn't know you were on blogger. It's so good to see you!
Big hugs to you.